- New members - Claudia is our Welcome Wagon, feel free to ask questions. Also, most of our guild's "businessy" things will be posted here on the blog. Make sure you stay up to date!
- We may be able to get someone to come to our December sew-in to sharpen scissors for the low cost of $5 per pair. Approximately 10 people would be interested. Stephanie to let us know at the next meeting if this is happening.
- We would like to organize ‘extracurricular’ social meet-ups in months we have no sew-In. For November, we'll have the metro walking too (see below) so suggestions are welcome for January.
Cheryl Arkison trunk show:
Friday Oct 21st 7-9pm at the Verdun Elementary (631 Melrose in Verdun).
Free for workshop attendees, $5 for members, $10 for non-members
We are also looking for volunteers to bring snacks/drinks. If you are interest, please contact Stephanie.
Cheryl Arkison workshop (FULL):
Perfect Circles and Improv Curves - Arrive early to set up! (bring power strip/ext cords)
Metro Walking Tour:
The most popular dates are either November 5 or 12. Stephanie will confirm with Joanna and get back to everyone via this blog or by email.
Charm square swap
Joanna posted on the blog with all the details of our next charm square swap. Deadline to sign up is the November meeting, squares will be due at the December meeting.
Demo: Paper-piecing by Agnes
Thank you so much Agnes for a great presentation and demo.
Next meeting: November 8th
- Discussion on quilt judging
- Guest speaker Chris Forsyth (metro project)
- Snacks volunteers: Dawn and Michelle
- Set-up/take down volunteer: Melanie