Make a modern quilt based on TWO Modern Quilt Design Elements.
|MTL MQG Modern Quilt Showcase Feb. 2016|
- November meeting: In teams of two, and with your fabric stash in mind, discuss color palette of the fabric to be shared. It can be 2 or 3 colours. Exchange email address with your partner.
- Before the December meeting, dive into your stash and pick out approximately 1 pound of fabric based on the agreed upon color palette. If you don’t have a scale, you can just eyeball it! Take the pile of fabric and cut it in half.
- December meeting: Exchange half pound of fabric with your partner.
- Make a quilt based on the modern quilt aesthetic as outlined in Part 1.
- June meeting: the big REVEAL! Teams will bring their creations for show and tell.
- Quilts/quilt tops may be of any size
- The finished project can be 1 quilt or multiple quilts
- Must represent a modern quilt aesthetic
- Since this is an upcycle challenge, we encourage you to use what is in your stash
- We want folks to try something new without a lot of financial commitment and get to know a fellow guild member though a project. At the end of it, 2 'sister' quilts will be made and it is cool to see where people go when starting with the same resources.
- If participants feel the need to purchase fabric for this challenge, by all means do. But this does not oblige their partners to do the same. The output will be for yourself, so if you need to add fabrics that's no problem, as long as you stick to the chosen color palette.
- Can include solid fabric (eg. gray, white or other neutral)
- Feel free to post in social media #1poundchallenge, #MMQG2019challenge to keep the guild posted on your progress
https://www.pinterest.ca/montrealmqg/mqg-what-is-modern-quilting/ MTLMQG PINTEREST BOARD
NOTE: IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE MEETING AND WANT TO PARTNER UP WITH A FELLOW MEMBER, SEND ME AN EMAIL AND I WILL CONNECT YOU WITH ANOTHER MEMBER WHO DOES TOO. ALTERNATELY, YOU CAN CHOOSE TO WORK ON THIS CHALLENGE ON YOUR OWN