Tuesday April 11, 2017 at 7pm at CRCS St-Zotique
- Quilts for Quebec:
- It looks like we will have about 45 finished quilts for the mosque.
- We have 20 or so ready for quilting - we need quilters!
- A few are ready for binding.
- We might be organizing another basting party over the next few weeks once we have all the tops pieced as well as backing for everything.
- Visit to the McCord Museum to see the Expo 67 Exhibit:
- We will meet in the lobby of the museum at 6 PM on Wednesday, April 19.
- The cost on Wednesday evening is $9.50 per person.
- For those interested, we will most likely have dinner and a drink after the visit.
Show and Tell:
- Francine: Fancy Forest quilt based on the Elizabeth Hartman pattern. This is for her 2nd grandson's room.
- Maurice: Showed off his amazing Monopoly quilt top - all made to scale.
- Nathalie: Worked on a Quilt of Valor with two other members of the South Shore Guild. All black and white flying geese with pops of red.
- Patti: Patti not only made blocks for the CQA bee, she put them together in a massive quilt top.
- Marie-Eve: Made a quilt for a friend - all purple and yellow HSTs arranged in a gradient layout. She quilted it with the Ultra Wavy quilting tutorial by Better Off Thread.
- Isabelle: Showed a beautiful reverse appliqué and hand quilted mini.
- Jen: Completed a cute baby quilt with squares and wonky stars.
- May meeting - May 9:
- Garage sale: bring anything you would like to sell, swap or give away.
- Metro Challenge quilts are due
- We will discuss the results of the survey
- We will also reveal plans for the June "sew-out"