November 2016 Mtl MQG Meeting Minutes
Tuesday November 8, 2016 at 7pm at CRCS St-Zotique
- New members - Claudia is our Welcome Wagon, feel free to ask her any questions you might have.
- Please pay dues to Josée before Dec 1st ($35)
- Remember to wear your name tags
Show and Tell:
- Mélanie (Je t’aime), Stephanie (Uppity women Unite), Joanna ( Metro 2.0), Debby (Feather) Izzy (pattern test for Shannon), Suzanna (table runner), Nicole (circle wall hanging) Maggie (fire lights lane couch quilt number 2), Josée (Les Arabe) Claudia (Michael Miller Challenge)
QuiltCon submission deadline is November 30:
- Look at the guidelines and if have other questions please ask as we have many people who have submitted in the past.
A few reminders:
- December 3 sew-in (scissor sharpening - spots are limited, please book a slot on the sign-up sheet, $4 per pair, no pinking shears. We will also have a rotary blade sharpener on hand)
- Our final meeting of 2016 will be on Tuesday December 13th at 7pm.
- Josée will be demonstrating the origami block she used in her showcase quilt, A Sprinkling of Stars.
- For those participating in the Charm Square Swap, your blocks are due so please remember to bring them with you.
- We will have a themed Show and Tell, so with a nod to the classic 'Sound of Music', our theme will be My Favorite Things. Bring along a favorite quilting-related item to share; it can be a favorite quilt, a favorite quilting notion, a favorite modern quilting book or magazine, or even some of your favorite fabric.
- As it is the holidays, everyone is invited to bring a treat to share with the group!
- It is going well, Amanda is going to do the binding.
Cinza brought some things to raffle off tonight! Thanks Cinza
Claudia had the workshop books if anyone wants to look at them at the break.
Guest: Chris Forsyth, photographer of Montreal metro project
- Amazing and inspiring photos of the Montreal metro. To see more go to his website: http://www.chrismforsyth.com/